Topping-off ceremony celebrated nine-story 165,595 sf building in the heart of Arsenal Yards, the future home to five life sciences companies
Watertown, MA – December 8, 2021 – Boylston Properties, a Boston-based developer of mixed-use destinations, today announced that 100 Forge, its 165,595 sf life sciences building in the heart of Arsenal Yards in Watertown, is fully leased. On November 9, the development, construction and new tenant teams celebrated with a “topping-off” ceremony – placing the last steel beam on the ninth floor of the future all-glass building. With access to abundant food, retail, entertainment, and green space amenities, as well as beautiful views of the Boston skyline and Charles River, 100 Forge will be the new home to five of the most innovative life sciences companies in the Greater Boston area.
With Arsenal Yards nearing the end of construction, life sciences companies are drawn to 100 Forge for its prime location within the 1M sf mixed-use campus, in order to recruit and retain the best talent to develop their science and further grow their companies. The following life sciences companies have signed leases, filling all of 100 Forge:
- Abata Therapeutics – signing a 23,155-sf lease for floor 2 of 100 Forge, Abata is focused on translating the biology of regulatory T cells (Tregs) into transformational medicines for patients living with severe autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Abata launched in 2021 with $95 million in Series A financing led by Third Rock Ventures and participation from a diverse syndicate of investors, including ElevateBio, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Invus, Samsara BioCapital, and the JDRF T1D Fund. Abata is moving to 100 Forge from Kendall Square in Cambridge.
- Remix Therapeutics – signing a 43,417-sf lease for floors 3 and 4 of 100 Forge, Remix is a biotechnology company developing small molecule therapies designed to reprogram RNA processing and address the underlying drivers of disease. Remix, launched in 2019, has raised a total of $81M. The most recent Series A financing was led by Foresite Capital with participation from seed investors Atlas Venture and The Column Group, as well as Arch Venture, Casdin Capital and Alexandria Venture Investments. Remix is moving to 100 Forge from Kendall Square in Cambridge.
- Curie Therapeutics – signing a 39,661-sf lease for floors 5 and 6 of 100 Forge, Curie is building the leading, fully integrated oncology company harnessing novel precision radiopharmaceuticals to treat solid cancer. Curie is a series A stage company with a seasoned team of investors and founders including Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, and Access Biotechnology.
- Vigil Neuroscience – signing a 19,734-sf lease for floor 7 of 100 Forge, Vigil is harnessing the power of microglia for the potential treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. Vigil recently closed a $90 million Series B financing led by Vida Ventures with participation from existing investors Atlas Venture, Northpond Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners as well as several new investors. Vigil is moving to 100 Forge from Kendall Square in Cambridge.
- Affini-T Therapeutics – signing a 39,628-sf lease for floors 8 and 9 of 100 Forge, Affini-T is a venture-backed biotechnology company committed to engineering T cell therapies intended to provide patients suffering from cancer with curative therapeutics. Affini-T is moving to 100 Forge from 343 Arsenal St. in Watertown.